20 July 2008

Summer Sampler Stole, Pattern 8, Lacis Retreat

21 Jul 2008:


Summer Sampler, Pattern 8

So I started eagerly with row 1 of this new pattern, and by the time I get to the end of it, I realize that I am one stitch short. What? I usually double-count after knitting the spacer between patterns, just to be sure that I have the correct number of required stitches for the next pattern. Well ... ok ... guess I miscounted. Hmpf. So I tinked row 1 back, recounted ... now I'm 2 stitches short! What is going on? I take a closer look at my lifeline and see that somehow I must have dropped a stitch while knitting and then another one while tinking back. Whew! Thank God for lifelines! After taking a calming chocolate break, I finished this pattern in one sitting.

WooHoo! -- I sent in my registration for the Urban Retreat at Lacis today - can't wait! I'm really looking forward to meeting
Galina Khmeleva and learning more about Orenburg shawls from her. Besides Lace Knitting, this week-long Lace Making retreat will cover Bobbin Lace, Needle Lace/Lace ID, and Tatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment